Imagine my shock when I signed onto wordpress and received notification that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Caroline and Tina at A Reader’s Review Blog (seriously, be sure to check them out!) have graced me with this nomination, and as follows is some information about the award and what it means:
Bloggers pass on this award to new bloggers if they feel that their blog is worth viewing, but have fewer than 200 followers! This allows bloggers to promote each other in a fun way, which I think is quite cool! To accept the award we must list 11 facts about ourselves, answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated us and also nominate 11 other new blogs for this amazing award!
So without further ado, here are my 11 facts:
1. My parents named me Cameran after a DJ on the radio.
2. Due to years of dance, I tend to count in increments of eight rather than ten. So I basically go “1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8”
3. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint-chocolate chip.
4. I graduated from university with degrees in Political Science and Classics.
5. My favorite movies are Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Gladiator. I know they are on opposite sides of the genre spectrum, but it is what it is.
6. Every year I set out on a quest to watch all of the movies nominated in the major categories for an Academy Award.
7. I used to want to be an attorney, but now my goal is to be a writer or a major player in the development of a feature film or television show.
8. My favorite color is blue.
9. My numer one wish is to travel the world. I have a severe case of wanderlust.
10. I told myself that I was going to do sit-ups every night, but I have been very lax on that commitment. My hope is that calling myself out for that here will kick me into some sort of motivation.
11. I am terrified of driving on the freeway.
Now for the answers to the questions given to me by the ladies at A Reader’s Review Blog:
- What inspired you to begin a blog?
This year I decided to participate in the 50 Book Challenge on Goodreads. I thought it would be fun to document my reads and reviews in order to encourage others to give a chance to books they might have never heard of.
- What is your favourite book genre?
This is a hard question! I guess you could say that I am very partial to historical fiction.
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
Los Angeles, CA.
- If you could be an animal, which animal would you be?
A dolphin! I have loved them ever since I was incredibly little. Also, they get to live in the ocean, which I believe would provide me with a wonderful sense of calm and peace.
- Which animal scares you the most?
Spiders and bees.
- Which musical instrument would you love to play?
The piano. It sounds so beautiful.
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Who is your most favourite author?
Another difficult question… Maybe George R.R. Martin? He drives me to the brink of insanity with his plot twists and the cruel treatment of his characters, but the way he excels with character development takes my breath away every time.
- What is your favourite meal?
Anything Italian or Mexican.
- If you could be a tv/film comedy character of your choice, who would you be?
It is a gender switch, but I would love to be Phil Dunphy from Modern Family! He is hilarious and makes me watch the show.
- If you were to write a book, which genre would best describe it?
I’m pretty sure it would be fantasy related.
Now for my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award:
If the nominees listed above would like to take part, then they too would need to list 11 facts about themselves, answer my 11 questions, nominate 11 other new blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) and pose 11 questions for them. My 11 questions for my nominees are as follows:
1. What inspired you to begin a blog?
2. If you could travel to a different time period, where would you go?
3. Have you ever been to a Disney theme park?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. Who is your favorite literary character?
6. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
7. You can have a dinner conversation with any author who has ever lived. Who would you pick?
8. iPhone or Samsung Galaxy?
9. Favorite movie?
10. What are you reading right now?
11. Favorite dessert?