As the remaining hours of 2013 dwindle down, I’d like to take the time to reflect upon all the wonderfully bookish things I have been blessed to accomplish this year.
I started this blog with no prior expectations; I simply wanted to share my thoughts about the books I have read and inspire others to give some titles a try. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined what joy this would bring me every day. I have been lucky enough to gain such thoughtful followers, whom have engaged me in discussion and offered me plenty of advice along the way – whether it is on how to write a blog, or what book I should read next. A pastime that I have always enjoyed has blossomed to a deeply felt love, and I truly believe I have all of you to thank for that.
So thank you, from the very bottom of my heart. I hope you have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing. I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season, and that 2014 blesses you with good fortune. I’ll be here in the new year and I hope to see you as well.
Happy New Year and Best Wishes,
And now, without further ado, my Top Ten books that I have read this year. (These are not placed in any particular order)
Top Ten Books of 2013
1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
4. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
5. The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani
6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
7. Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson
8. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
9. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons
10. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline