Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is kind of perfect for me, mainly because it was not too long ago that I was blog hopping and came across many books that I want to read. I don’t know about you, but I always retreat to my blog or my Goodreads page when I am out shopping for books. There is something about lists that I love. So here we are: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR.
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi — Look at that cover. Now go look up the synopsis about a cursed horoscope promising a marriage of Death and Destruction. This one sounds like it is going to be incredible, and I am very much looking forward to the diversity this book will bring as it is inspired by Indian mythology.
- Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare — Another story in the Spindle Cove series! I didn’t even find out about this one until I was wandering aimlessly around Goodreads. Very much looking forward to this one because Dare is one of my favorite romance authors.
- Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman — A new story from the author of Prisoner of Night and Fog focusing upon Milton’s Paradise Lost.
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye — A story set in Fantasy Russia? I’m here for it.
- My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem — Like many of you, I have also joined Emma Watson’s feminist book club, and this book is her first choice. My library’s hold list for this one is unfortunately pretty long, so I guess I’m going to be reading it after everyone else…
- 6. Living Color by Jodi Picoult — Her upcoming book about racism. I hope she does this well.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton — I really like books set in the desert. I think the setting is magical and always becomes a character of its own within its story. This book has been reveiving a lot of praise on Twitter, making me add it to my list as a must read.
- Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor — Time-traveling YA historical fiction to the time of Eleanor of Aquitaine. The email I received about this book from Netgalley said it was perfect for fans of Outlander, so…
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown — The final story in the trilogy is being released this year; I now feel ready to read this one since I have heard so many wonderful things about it but was wary about having to wait for another series to complete.
What books have you recently added to your TBR?